Hospice care is the skilled care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families at their most difficult time.
A Philosophy of Care
Hospice care, first and foremost is not a place, rather, it is a philosophy of care. Hospice care is the skilled care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families when a patient is no longer responding to medical treatment and is not expected to survive. It is a comfort-based care concept designed to assist those with a life expectancy of generally 6 months or less.
Some important concepts to understand about hospice care:
- Hospice care is provided by caregivers specialized in pain management and providing relief
- A patient’s last days are managed to be free of pain, and to have comfort and dignity
- The primary goals of hospice care are to manage and ease pain in the best way possible, ease transition, and trauma
- Hospice care addresses the emotional wake of the experience through spiritual and social counsel
- Hospice care offers bereavement support before and after the patient’s passing
Are you facing the last days of a loved one’s life? Please call us and let us help you learn about your options. Our patient and supportive staff will guide you through the learning process and help you make the decision that’s best for you. We are able to utilize your chosen hospice agency for continuity of care.
Our mission is to provide our residents with the finest skilled nursing and rehabilitative services. Dedicated to the basic tenets of Friendship, Love and Truth, our highly trained staff extends compassionate care in a comfortable and secure environment that affords a dignified, meaningful, active and enhanced quality of life.
Odd Fellows Home
104 Randolph Road
Worcester, MA 01606