Our Day Rooms are happy, lively places where people sing and dance, create beautiful artwork and play games, talk and laugh.
Activity department personnel are busy people, from delivering mail and calling bingo, to organizing entertainment and delivering coffee and news.
The programs we carefully plan and activities we mindfully facilitate, however, are intended to do far more than just keep folks occupied.
We strive towards the following:
- To find or create something for each person to look forward to each day,
- To provide interesting and stimulating things to do and to think about,
- To help residents do what they’ve always loved doing,
- To offer opportunities for emotional expression and exploration,
- To give residents a chance to create authentic and meaningful friendships,
- To spark curiosity and discovery, awe and wonder,
- To inspire and uplift residents by encouraging them to access cherished memories,
- To learn about, value and appreciate each resident as an individual,
- To prepare individual programming based on personal preferences and passions,
- To allow residents the freedom and support to review their lives and listen when they want to share, and
- To help everyone understand that living in a nursing home can be an enriching and rewarding life experience.
The specific programs we offer to fulfill the above mission and vision include structured programs based on best practices in the field and are offered 365 days a year. In addition to individualized programs such as MP3 players with personal music, one-on-one visits for sensory integration, and the On My Own Basket so residents can select supplies needed for independent leisure time, we organize, offer and/or facilitate the following group programs:
- Daily Exercise includes Sit & Fit (Low-Key), Exercise-Energize (Intermediate), StrongerU (Dance Moves), daily physical games,
- Fit Minds, puzzles/brain games, Bingo/Pokeno, Time-Slips, story-telling,
- Dementia friendly reminiscing, sensory and brain fitness programs offered morning and afternoon,
- Gardening Group, Cooking Club, Art Therapy, Pet Therapy, Community Choir, Sunshine Club, a micro-store for personal items, a library, and
- Weekly or Biweekly entertainment, Family Fun Nights, Cultural/Historical Celebrations, Routine Trips/Outings, Church/religious services, bible study, specialty themed carts/days.
Our mission is to provide our residents with the finest skilled nursing and rehabilitative services. Dedicated to the basic tenets of Friendship, Love and Truth, our highly trained staff extends compassionate care in a comfortable and secure environment that affords a dignified, meaningful, active and enhanced quality of life.
Odd Fellows Home
104 Randolph Road
Worcester, MA 01606